Test 1 of 4 multiple-choice tests on Islam. Link to answers appears after question 10.
1. Arrange Islam, Judaism, and Christianity in order of founding from earliest to latest.
a. Islam, Judaism, Christianity
b. Judaism, Islam, Christianity
c. Christianity, Judaism, Islam
d. Judaism, Christianity, Islam
2. Under Sharia (Islamic) law, what is the penalty for Muslims who abandon Islam?
b. Thirty lashes
c. Ninety-nine lashes
3. Approximately how many deadly terrorist attacks have been committed by devout followers of Islam in the ‘Cause of Allah’ since September 11, 2001?
4. What two factors account for nearly all of Islam’s phenomenal growth?
a. Strict moral code, evangelism
b. Mystique, effective propaganda
c. Tolerance, charity
d. High birth rate, forced conversions
5. The concept that Allah and the God of Christians and Jews are one and the same is
a. Accepted as fact by devout Muslims and some Christians.
b. From a theological aspect, impossible.
c. Rejected by devout Muslims and Christians.
d. Rejected by devout Muslims but accepted as fact by some Christians.
6. Under what circumstances can Sharia Law coexist with democracy?
c. When the will of freedom-loving people is recognized and legalized
d. When Islamic leaders approve of democratic processes
7. In the Islamic world, who are the “People of the Book?”
a. Christians and Jews
8. Which country controls the governments of Syria and Iraq?
a. Saudi Arabia
9. Under Islamic Law, what is the penalty for stealing?
a. Amputation of arm at the elbow
b. Amputation of hand
c. Thirty lashes
d. Ninety-nine lashes
10. In what year did Islamic militants make their first attack on the world?
a. AD 24
b. AD 224
c. AD 424
d. AD 624